Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Inside the JAKKS Pacific Eyeclops Mini Projector

The EyeClops Mini Projector sells for around $100 as a toy.

It takes in composite video. The picture quality is so so, the color was inconsistent across the projected field due to misalignment of the LED light-source. But for a $100 toy who cares.

Somewhere I misplaced my notes, I had reverse engineered most of the Boards. If I find them I will update this page.

I was never able to track down the actual light valve. It's most likely a reflective LCOS, not DPL because of the price. Still I wish I knew who make it and where to get them for some other projects I am working on.

Click on an image to see full-size original. 

































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you ever find your notes? I'm curious about the LED driver circuit. I see three identical sets of transistors and some other parts in there too. I know they are part of it, but more interested in the specifics.

John Sokol said...

Unfortunatly they are most likely lost for ever. I already gave away the projector. There wasn't much of an LED driver, the primary chip was video drivers.

Unknown said...

Hello, do you have photos with more resolution, I'm trying to find information about this lcos display