Tuesday, August 30, 2011

How Do You Get News & Emergency Information After Cutting the Cord?

From http://www.hackingnetflix.com/2011/08/how-do-you-get-news-emergency-information-after-cutting-the-cord.html

Long-time reader RJEJR is worried about Hurricane Irene and is looking for good sources of information:
About 1 week ago today I dropped to basic cable, and of course now a major hurricane is bearing down on my south shore Long Island home. I'm already going thru Jim Cantore withdrawal. I was wondering what the rest of the cord cutters were doing for news, Netflix and Hulu are good for all things entertainment (well except sports of course), but not for emergency stuff, and as I said I live on the south shore of Long Island so I may be seeing Irene's eye.
I'm also in the path of Irene, and I've been watching the local news channels on cable, which are providing a lot of information (I think I saw Jim Cantore on ABC earlier), but they might be available via over-the-air in your area. I'm also keeping an eye on Weather.com and my local news websites. My town has an emergency system and has already sent out a warning email with lots of information.

No comments: