Friday, June 26, 2009

Attach a mini LCD to your computer via USB

Set up two as rear view mirrors in a racing simulator?
Heck I don't know why it's useful, but it's cool. I have some embedded linux stuff with no display, so this could easily be attached to add a keyboard mouse and now screen to an embedded linux box. I don't think there are Linux drivers yet, But if I get one I can't imagine it would be too hard to write one.

The Mimo Mini 7 inch LCD monitor that attaches to your computer via USB. The max resolution is 800 x 480 and it can even rotate. It can be used as a separate display for your IM client, widgets, etc. $129.99. It’s available at ThinkGeek.

Only 1.3 pounds, means the Mimo monitor is ultra portable and cost-effective, as no expensive extra video cards are required. No extra power needed. The monitor is powered by USB.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, as you can see this is my first post here.
Hope to get some assistance from you if I will have some quesitons.
Thanks in advance and good luck! :)